Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Welcome!

I’ve decided to set up a blog for friends and family to share recipes! I’m not much of a cook, but my Granny used to tell me that if you can read, you can cook. This is true if you can find good recipes! So I’m always looking for new good recipes, and I know I have several friends that do the same, so I thought this would be an easy way to share them. (I stole the idea from my friend, Myra.)

If you are related to me, you should feel morally obligated to share any family recipes or other good recipes. If you are not related to me, you should just feel inclined to share any good recipes you’ve tried. I like trying new recipes out of cookbooks, but you never know if they will be as good as they sound. Ask my sister-in-law Maurine about her mayonnaise enchiladas. Mmmmm… I also occasionally like to experiment, but that doesn’t always turn out well. Clint still likes to remind me about the rosemary squash fiasco. If I’m going to spend the time and money to cook, I’d prefer to try a recipe that someone I know has tried and can vouch for.

I’ve already invited a few people to be authors, which means that they can post their own recipes any time. If you’d like to be an author, let me know. The more, the merrier. If you don’t want to be an author, but you want to share a recipe at some time, you can email it to me or just leave it in a comment and I’ll post it on the main page.

So welcome to our cooking blog and let’s share some recipes!

Note: To be an author, you have to set up a Blogger or gmail account if you don't have one already. But it’s easy and I don’t think they will send you any annoying emails.

8 comments:

*Kendra* said...

Rach, I think this blog is a great idea! Not that I cook much.....but I'll try to contribute something that I've made!

myra said...

Rachel,

I'm so touched that you are copying me (Ha, ha). I'm going to link this blog to Kitchen Karma. We'll have recipes galore!

myra

Sheridie said...

Rachel,
This is such a great idea (even if you did copy it). I was just telling Jason tonight I need new ideas for meals. I get overwhelmed when looking thru all of the cookbooks. I haven't a clue where to start. I'm not much of a cook but I'll be happy to add anything I come across that we like. Thanks so much!

Luke said...

Rachel, looks like you could use some help in the male department, to try and balance the mix. I'll pitch in, maybe even include the pork chop rub recipe.

The McCarter Family said...

Great idea! I will be an author! Thanks for inviting me!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Heidi (Kendra's cousin and Tammy's friend), I think this is an awesome idea. I LOVE to cook and sometimes run out of ideas!! Thanks again!

Sheridie said...

ok...so i'm probably just not paying attention but i can't figure out how to email you. so...my email address is: sldyess2001@yahoo.com. i'd love to add a few (emphasize a few...i'm not much of a cook) receipes.

Susan said...

Hey Rachel-What a great idea! Thanks for inviting me. You know I enjoy the kitchen and would love to share some recipes. I am always trying new things. Some are keepers and some are bombs, but I will definitely share the keepers.