Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chicken Pesto Pizza

One of my all time favorite meals is Chicken Pesto Pizza from EZ's in San Antonio. Since we don't have an EZ's here in Paris, a couple of weeks ago I decided to try to recreate it, and it turned out pretty good.

Ingredients:
  • ~1.5 cups small pieces of cooked chicken (I buy the rotisserie chicken from the Wal-mart deli and shred it by hand, but you could cook your own)
  • Pizza crust (Pillsbury roll-out crust is good, or my Wal-mart has some small round pizza crusts in the deli section that don't have to be pre-baked.)
  • Pesto sauce (also from the Wal-mart deli area, by the refrigerated pasta. It comes in a small plastic tub, and the label is green. I'll try to find out the brand later.)
  • ~2 Tbsp. Pine nuts
  • Shredded Cheese (I bought the Parmesan blend that has Parmesan, Fontina, Asiago, and Romano)
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, very thinly sliced

Directions

  • If you bought the Pillsbury or similar pizza crust, it needs to be cooked part of the way before you put on the toppings, so cook it about 8-9 minutes or whatever the package directions say. If you bought crust that does not need to be pre-cooked, go straigt to the next step.
  • Spread a thin layer of pesto on the crust.
  • Add chicken, sprinkle pine nuts and cheese, and place tomato slices on pizza to your liking.
  • Bake at 400-ish until crust is light brown and cheese is melted (6-10 minutes)

Sorry the directions are sort of vague. I didn't pay attention to brands or amounts, but when I make it again, I'll try to pay attention and come back and add those details. If you use the Wal-mart rotisserie chicken, you'll have a ton of meat left over for another meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.