Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Chicken Pesto Pasta

OK, I don't know if this even counts as a recipe, but it's one of my new favorite easy meals to make. Any time we go to an Italian restaurant, Clint just asks for chicken pesto pasta, even if it's not on the menu, so I decided to try to make it. It uses the same pesto sauce that I buy for the chicken pesto pizza, and I use the same rotisserie chicken from Wal-mart, so I usually make this and the pizza in the same week. If you buy one of those chickens, which only cost about $4.50, it has more than enough meat for both recipes.

Ingredients: (All the ingredients are in the title of the recipe)

  • ~2 cups cooked chicken - small pieces (I use Wal-mart rotisserie chicken)
  • Pesto sauce (comes in a little green tub in the refrigerated pasta area next to the deli at Wal-mart)
  • Angel hair pasta (or any kind of pasta you want to use)

Directions:

  • Boil and drain pasta
  • Add pesto (I use the whole container, but you could probably use less)
  • Add chicken
  • Mix and serve!

If you use a whole box of pasta and the whole container of pesto, I think this will serve about 6 people.

Note: Jodi tried this recipe, and she added a little bit of healthy stuff that made it even better. I tried it when I made it again, and it was great! Saute some finely diced zucchini in olive oil until it's soft, then add diced tomatoes at the end just to warm them up a little. Add this mix to the pasta and mix it in. Yum!

No comments: