Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ms. Martha's Chicken

This blog was a great idea, Rachel! This will be lots of fun and a great resource, too! I am reminded of a great cooking night we shared back in 2001, when we were both living in the Dallas area. Obviously, neither of us had much cooking experience, since when the recipe for our Stuffed Chicken Breasts called for 10 cloves of garlic, we both agreed at the grocery store that it had to mean 10 bunches of garlic. We quickly learned that the cloves were part of the bunches. It just proves you learn best from your mistakes, and hey, we had plenty of garlic left over to last us both years! What a fun memory!

Ms. Martha's Chicken (I got this recipe from my best friend's mom, Ms. Martha)

Ingredients:
4-6 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Real Bacon Bits Pieces (not the hard, crunchy ones)
16 oz. Sour Cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and put in baking dish with the bacon pieces. Add salt and pepper.
Cook at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
In in a bowl, combine the sour cream and soup.
When chicken is cooked, pour sour cream/soup mixture over the chicken and return to the oven for another 15 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling.

Tastes great served over steamed rice.

This is a very easy recipe, and I think it tastes great and makes me feel like I've cooked a good homemade meal.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, I remember that night... We were such amateurs. I also seem to remember that our recipe called for dry white wine, and I was looking on the baking aisle for some sort of powdered version because I didn't know that dry wine was just a type of wine. I guess that's a good thing, right?

Mary said...

I totally forgot about the wine part...I just had to cover my mouth and hold my laugh in just now so that I wouldn't wake up Dane! What idiots! If I remember, though, I think the chicken ended up tasting pretty good, but it just took a whole lot of work and mental energy!