Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Mom's Chicken and Rice

Ok, cooking is not really my game either, but I love it. When I have time.... Anyways, I have tons of recipes I will share, but I'll start with something easy and yummy... something that can be cooked for 2 or for a bunch.

Needed:
chicken (thawed breasts, pieces, etc.)
flour
minute rice
can(s) of Chicken&Rice soup
margarine
salt and pepper

Melt margarine in a flat baking dish, dip chicken in melted butter, then in flour. Then lay it back in butter dish, turn piece over, then salt and pepper each piece. Bake about 30 minutes at 400. Take chicken out of dish, cover bottom of dish in minute rice, stir to mix up the butter drippings, pour in can of soup and add maybe half a can of water, put chicken back. Bake about 30 minutes more. (If cooking for more than 2, using a bigger dish like a 9X13, then probably use more than one can of soup.)

This is one of David's favorites. And it's easy! I'll use green beans or broccoli or something green for a side dish and that is it!

1 comment:

Pearson Family said...

Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!