Friday, June 29, 2007

Rosemary Balsamic Chicken with Brown Butter and Balsamic Ravioli

I am so excited to get to be an author! I love to cook and I love to eat. I can't wait to try out some of the recipes I have been seeing. I have been out of town all week and away from my recipes. Here is a new favorite one that my sister-in-law made for me a couple of weeks ago. It is actually a Rachel Ray recipe. Some of her stuff is made with really random stuff, but most of this stuff is pretty common and you might already have it on hand. It is great!

Chicken:

4-6 Chicken Breasts
2 T. Balsamic Vinegar (BV)
2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
3 stems Rosemary stripped and chopped
Salt and course black pepper
4 Garlic Gloves chopped or some minced garlic in a jar

Coat the chicken in the BV and EVOO. Season chicken with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and let stand for 10-15 minutes. Cook the chicken on a skillet and give it a nice brown coating. It cooks up really nicely. You might want the slice the chicken up so it cooks faster and it makes the presentation nice.

While the chicken is cooking you can get the ravioli ready.

Ravioli:

1 package 12-16 ounces (I love the Burtolli brand they have regular and whole wheat. It is kept in the refrigerated section usually.) Any flavor you like.
3 T. butter or more if you like more sauce
2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
2 Handfuls grated Parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
parsley for a little extra color

Cook the ravioli as the package directs. In a small saucepan melt the butter. Once the butter is melted you can add the Balsamic Vinegar to it and mix it up. Once the chicken is cooked you can mix the ravioli with the sauce let it sit and reduce for a few minutes. Remove from heat and add cheese and parsley.

This is one of those meals that doesn't involve to much time and energy but tastes amazing. If you have any questions let me know. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Can't wait to post more! Thanks Rachel!

No comments: