Thursday, April 24, 2008

Super Easy Taco Bake

I was scanning the dinner kits in the Mexican food section at Walmart the other day, looking for something quick and easy for dinner that night. They had a boxed "Taco Bake" that looked good, so I read the back of the box and decided to try it from scratch instead of paying for their overpriced pre-packaged thing. Luke and I both really liked it, so I thought I'd share.

Put a little salsa or taco sauce in a 9x13 baking dish, just to "grease" it.
Layer the following:
1. Flour tortillas, torn into pieces
2. Hamburger, cooked with taco seasoning according to package directions
3. Shredded cheese

Repeat layers.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Top each serving with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Weird comment above! Didn't know we were helping bring culture to Japan!

We really liked the Taco Bake. Gave a different take on normal soft tacos. I highly suggest some guac with it too!