Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pesto Ravioli

For Rach and all the other pesto lovers out there. I got this out of a magazine and tweaked it just a little bit. I never seem to follow recipes the way they say! Anyways, I'll put what the recipe said vs what I actually did.

2 Tbs olive oil
2-3 zucchini thinly sliced(recipe called for 1 yellow bell pepper, but that didn't sound that great to me)
1/2 cup baby carrots thinly sliced (6-7 carrots)
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 package refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
1/2 cup pesto (recipe said 1/4, but it didn't seem like enough, so I think I ended up with 1/2)
grated parmesan cheese

-in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add veggies and saute 5-1o minutes until tender. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
-Pour broth into skillet. Add ravioli and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until ravioli are cooked. Using a large spoon, remove about 1/2 cup of broth and discard or it gets too soupy. Return veggies to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in pesto sauce and evenly coat ravioli and veggies. Sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired.

Made a good one dish meal. Add a salad and you've got twice the veggies!

Oh, and my package of ravioli was "family size", but it really wasn't that big. Enough for me, David, and Reagan who doesn't eat much. So if serving big, double this.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I tried this last week and it was so good! Especially for how easy it was.