Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Sweet and Sour Meatloaf

I made this last night for supper, and it is one of my favorite, easy, down-home cooking recipes. Some people don't really like meatloaf, but have said they like this one. Just FYI. :)

Needed:
1 lb ground beef (can use 1 and half, but cook a little longer)
3/4 c bread crumbs (I like the italian style)
1 chopped onion (I use minced onion sometimes too)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 of 8oz can tomato Sauce
1 egg

Mix above ingredients and form into a loaf.

Sauce:
1 1/2 can of tomato sauce
3 Tbsp vinegar
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
2 tsp Worchestershire sauce

Mix together and pour over loaf. There will be TONS of sauce, so I rarely use it all. But it keeps the meatloaf from getting dry.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes. (1 1/2 hours if more than 1 lb of beef)

No comments: