Saturday, July 14, 2007

Chicken Salad

4 cups of diced chicken (or two cans of chicken cubed, looks like tuna but it's CHICKEN)

1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup of mayonnaise (I use Hellman's)

1/2 cup of sour cream

1 tsp of salt

1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper

Combine the chicken, pecans, green onions and celery in large bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir into the chicken mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I serve with fresh croissants or Healthy Nut Bread and slices of tomato.

You can also try to mix in green chillies, green olives to put a different spin on the whole thing. Jeff likes it when I do it this way instead of celery and pecans and mix in few jalapenos.

I prefer the way above but I also squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon to give it an extra kick or pour 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to make it not as dry.

I figure both or our ways are subject to individual preference so that is why I just listed the basics above.

No comments: