Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Recipe with no name!

We have multiple names for this dish at our house. The person I got the recipe from called it "Chicken Chili". I've called it "Mexican Chicken". Jeremy calls it "That chicken thing in the crock-pot." Regardless, this is a crock-pot recipe for some kind of chicken dish..... :)

Ingredients:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 can of kidney beans
2 cans of mexican corn
2 cans of rotel or 2 cans of diced tomatoes (depends on how "zesty" you want it)
tortilla chips
sour cream
fresh cilantro
grated cheddar cheese
chili powder
salt and pepper

I cook this in my crock pot, on low, all day while I'm at school. (roughly- 7:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Dump kidney beans, corn, and tomatoes (rotel) in crock pot. Place frozen chicken on top. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and chili powder on top. Let this cook all day.
When I come home and the chicken has cooked all day I take it out of the pot and shred and dice the chicken. It makes it more manageable when you are serving it. When you put the chicken back in the crock pot add 2 cups or so of crushed up tortilla chips. It seems to thicken up the "chili."
To serve: Place tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl. Spoon desired amount of "chicken chili" on top. Top the chicken with shredded cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Sometimes I will also cook plain white rice and serve the chicken on top of that instead of tortilla chips---it just your preference.
It's also one of those meals that tastes great as a left-over. We usually eat off it for 2 or 3 days.
Enjoy! (And let me know what name you think suits this dish!!!)

No comments: